Laminate flooring is ideal for modern lifestyles, since it requires almost no maintenance and is extremely easy to clean. For the most part, regular sweeping or dust mopping will be all that’s required.
Here are a few points to keep in mind in order to ensure that your laminate floor stays in top condition for years to come:
- If you have to do some major cleaning, just mop with ammonia or a mixture of vinegar and water.
- Instead of conventional soap-based cleaners, use citrus-based cleaners.
- Do not use scouring powder, steel wool or wax strippers on a laminate floor.
- Do not wax, sand or apply lacquer to a laminate floor surface.
- If you're unsure of using any product on your laminate floor, test it in an inconspicuous area first - such as underneath your stove or fridge.